Find a job in the field of Agriculture and Food Systems.
Ready to take the next step in your career? See below for recent job opportunities.
Quality Assurance/Food Safety Manager
East Hardwick, VT
Kingdom Creamery, a growing dairy foods company in beautiful Northeastern Vermont, is looking for a self-motivated individual with attention to detail to fill its QA/Food Safety Manager position. This part time (25hr/wk), permanent, salaried position is responsible for all food safety and quality programs, and reports directly to the owner. This position offers responsibility and opportunity for growth. PCQI and SQF certifications are preferred, salary commensurate with experience.
If this is you, contact us today!
- Review existing production processes with respect to food safety during preparation, handling, storage, and transportation.
- Design, draft and implement food safety production protocols for Company to maintain compliance with the Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA) and the Pasteurized Milk Ordinance (PMO).
- Monitor food preparation, handling, storage, and transportation processes to ensure adherence to the protocols.
- Oversee cleaning /sanitizing of equipment/areas (SSO’s).
- Conduct regularly scheduled food safety trainings for staff and new hires.
- Conduct regular in-house food safety and sanitation audits.
- Investigate non-conformances using root cause analysis. Establish corrective actions to resolve issues.
- Investigate/respond to customer complaints and resolve issues.
- Develop, manage and maintain facility and equipment maintenance and service records.
- Review and file the Company’s quality food safety-related records and documents (e.g., receiving records, lot tracing, pasteurization charts, corrective actions.)
- Prepare company for annual third-party audits; present annual third-party audit report to management.
- Associates of Science degree in food science or a related discipline
- Experience in food processing
- Demonstrated ability to work independently
- Good communication skills and the ability to work well with people at all levels
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel; Google Docs)
Kingdom Creamery of Vermont
3411 VT Route 16, East Hardwick, VT 05836
Lisbon, NH and South Royalton, VT
Must be at least 18 years old, and in good physical shape. Possible physical required. Eye and ear protection is required.
This is outdoors, so nice 8 months out of the year, but can be pretty cold in the middle of winter.
The job entails sliding lumber off a roof top chain and sacking it in a “sticker rack.” After each layer of wood, then a layer of stickers is put down (by the lumber stacker) for air drying. After 18 layers, the pack of lumber is banded with steel banding and removed by our loader. The lumber stacker has to sort by length, thickness, and to a lesser extent, grade.
DCI has a furniture manufacturing plant in Lisbon, NH, as well as the sawmill in South Royalton, VT. This year, we are starting an expansion at the sawmill to double our production by adding machinery. We will have career opportunities as we are going to be hiring for multiple jobs coming up this year.
For more information, contact:
Steve Walker, DCI
Phone: (603) 838-6544 x 621