Employer Sponsor Advisory Board
Vermont Tech established the Employer Sponsor Advisory Board in 2020 to help the Vermont Department of Labor Registered Electrical & Plumbing Apprenticeship programs meet employer and community needs.
The Registered Apprenticeship program gives employers the opportunity to develop their future workforce. Through this industry-driven career pathway, participants receive:
- Paid work experience
- Classroom instruction
- A portable, nationally recognized credential
Advisory Board Goals
The Employer Sponsor Advisory Board aims to:
- Recruit apprentices
- Place students at employment sites
- Offer job mentoring and shadowing opportunities for prospective apprentices
- Facilitate cooperation and communication between the program and the community
- Offer recommendations for program improvement
- Help set program priorities, including participating in ongoing planning activities
- Support and advocate for the program by helping raise our profile and visibility in the community
The Employer Sponsor Advisory Board meets the third Tuesday of the month at Vermont Tech. Two weeks prior, we will post the meeting location and time on the agenda.
The remaining 2020 meetings will take place July 21 and October 20.
Employer Sponsor Representatives
The Employer Sponsor Advisory Board is comprised of the following representatives:
- Jody Perkins (ARC Mechanical)
- Pamela Benoit (Benoit Electric)
- Krista Benoure (Benoure Plumbing, Heating, & AC
- Danielle Bombardier (IBEW Local 300)
- William Lepore (Omega Electric)
- Rob Stubbins (Rob Stubbins Electrical & General Contractor)
- Brian Thomas (Vermont Mechanical)
- Jodi Doyle (Former Apprentice)
These representatives will serve a term of three years beginning in January 2020.