Become a Certified Arborist with Vermont Tech’s Arboriculture Certificate Program.
Recognized by the International Society of Arboriculture (ISA), this certificate will demonstrate that you are trained and knowledgeable in all aspects of arboriculture.
ISA Certification Exam and CEUs
The Arboriculture Certificate program will enable you to apply to take the ISA Certification Exam. Certified arborists can also enroll in this program to earn Continuing Education Units (CEUs).
ISA Certification is a voluntary effort among professionals in the tree care industry to:
- Establish a standard of quality in arboricultural work
- Promote and encourage continuing education
- Provide the public with a mechanism for identifying qualified ISA Certified Arborists.
With an ISA Certification, you’ll have a competitive advantage over arborists who are not certified. It allows you to:
- Advertise the knowledge and experience you’ve gained during your green industry career.
- Tell potential clients and employers you can be trusted with their trees.
- Demonstrate your commitment to high standards of tree care.
- Stay up to date on the latest advances in the industry and keep in touch with the arboriculture community at large.
Certified Arborist Career Path
ISA Certification provides a standardized method of judging career level and expertise that allows for smart hiring by employers and career growth for tree care workers. These benchmarks are supported and maintained by professionals dedicated to the health of their industry.
To maintain your certification, you will need to earn CEUs by taking classes or reading educational publications. An ISA Certified Arborist is a professional dedicated to lifelong learning.
ISA Certification can also lead to advanced certification opportunities. The highest level of certification, ISA Board Certified Master Arborist, rewards those have reached the pinnacle of their profession.
You must have an Associate’s degree or higher to enroll in this certificate program. You must complete the following ISA recognized courses at Vermont Tech:
- Fall Semester
- Spring Semester
You must also meet the practical experience requirement by ISA:
- One year of practical experience if you have a Bachelor’s degree
- Two years of experience if you have an Associate’s degree
Upon completion of the program, you may apply to take the ISA Certified Arborist exam.
Questions? Contact Molly Willard (802-535-5315).