Gain advanced skills in the field of fiber optics.
Advance your fiber installation skills and technology knowledge in just four days! In this no cost, grant-funded training, you’ll spend one day in the classroom and three days doing hands-on lab exercises focused on specific fiber optic outside plant disciplines.
Designed for participants who have taken introductory classes or who have several years of experience working in the field, this training can help you learn valuable skills and advance in your career. Training content includes introductory content for FTTx and xWDM systems, as well as OSP skills (like emergency restoration and fiber characterization).
Check out the full training description here.
To enroll in this training, you need:
- Basic knowledge of fiber optic theory and terminology,
- Field experience,
- or formal training such as the Fiber Optics 1-2-3 course or an equivalent.
Certifications and Credits
- ETA Fiber Optics Technician—Outside Plant (FOT-OSP) Certification
- BICSI Continuing Education Credits
- Light Brigade Certificate of Completion
Dates: May 24–27, 2021
Time: 8:00 a.m.–5:00 p.m.
Register here. Questions? Email email@example.com.
Vermont Tech Randolph Center Campus (Judd Hall)
No cost! Fully grant funded.