Explore introductory HR topics in a condensed, easy-to-understand format.
Whether you’re new to HR, or it’s one of the many roles you fulfill at your company, we’ll get you up to speed on key HR issues.
This training provides you with a solid overview of the key aspects of HR and provides tools you can immediately put to use in your organization. The content is newly updated with the latest HR regulations, trends, and best practices. Case studies, competency connections, and SHRM Body of Competencies and Knowledge (SHRM BoCK) principles are incorporated into the material to illustrate how HR helps drive overall business success.
Each participant will receive two printed books covering the six key human resource topics:
- Human Resources. Gain a clear understanding of the HR function.
- Talent Acquisition. Develop important skills for attracting and selecting employees.
- Total Rewards. Learn the key elements of a total compensation system.
- Learning and Development. Obtain an understanding of orientation, development, and training.
- Performance Management. Discover the purpose and process for performance evaluation.
- Employment Law. Enhance your ability to apply key HR legislation.
Fall 2023 session:
- August 29, 4-7 pm
- August 31, 4-7 pm
- September 5, 4-7 pm
- September 7, 4-7 pm
- September 12, 4-7 pm
Remote (live online). The instructor works with you in real time in these interactive sessions.
$550 ($575 late registration fee)