Learn how to identify the key factors that determine wetlands in this 40-hour training.
This training is based in part on the:
- The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers Wetlands Delineation Manual
- 2012 Supplement for Northeast Region
- Most recent National Wetland Plant List and NRCS Hydric Soils guidance
You’ll also learn about federal regulations, state regulations, and appropriate permitting in relation to wetlands. This certificate training offers professional and applied field experience.
Lecture topics include:
- Science of wetland hydrology
- Hydric soils
- Hydric vegetation
- Wetland development
- Current Vermont regulations
Field practicals include soil and plant identification, and wetland delineation in accordance to the ACOE Field Delineation Manual.
Meet the instructor
Watch this short clip to meet our instructor and learn more about this training.
8 VT DEC Non-Soil and 8 Soil Credits
Register Now: June 12-16
9 am-4:30 pm; Vermont Tech Williston Campus